Monday, November 26, 2012

Hearts Skipped a Beat

Ever since I got a king-sized bed I've lost the matching sock to almost every pair I've got.


You were brighter than the stars in the sky: Explored! / Kelly



Tumblr_lh4zzb1oyl1qc9285o1_500_large

It was kinda awkward. I never looked at the clock at '6:56' and being extremely superstitious like I am, I instantly thought that this meant something big was coming. That somethings are going to change.

And I would not be the least bit scared of a little big change right now. Yeah, cash and checks would be nice too.

I picture Christmases to come to be a little different... and it gets me so excited, really. I see me setting up my tree in June and decorating it for the 4th and for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Decorate it with a whole bunch of Indian feathers and turkeys. Yeah... live turkeys.

There was a time my sophomore year that I made myself high without using anything harmful. Just straight Anne of Green Gables and Seductive Pea bath soap in the early morning hours.

Which is rather addictive actually and I was beyond happy. I wasn't high. I called it "floating", because that's how it felt.

And you told me that this is not healthy. "That's dangerous, Phyllis. That's just not healthy at all."

I've realized on this blog that I've talked about my hairy legs twice. Now three times and it makes me feel kind of weird.

And I remember when i told you about my most 'spiritual experience', my 'vision', that dream I had 2 years ago, and you thought I was real crazy. I've never told anyone but you, but you thought I was crazy.
But I think you're pretty crazy most of the time.

This doesn't make any sense, I know. This isn't what I want to write, you know that too. But you asked for a blog post and now you've got it.

1 comment:

Nelson said...

"I called it 'floating' because that's how I felt"

I don't know if it was done on purpose, but I absolutely love the sentence "That somethings are going to change" - Not "That some things are going to change" - But "somethings" - I've never seen the word "somethings" before and I think I love it.